Saturday, March 30, 2013

Green Mung bean salad

I can't refuse to believe that my last post was in October of 2012. You see, I composed so many posts in my head- for marmamaldes and pickles, for traditional food of Kerala and Karnataka. .  uh.. I guess happy 2013 :D..Hope you have all had a good year so far. I know I have. There have been holidays and meeting of friends and family and lots of good food. And this post is for Amitha - I can't tell you how proud and excited I am for your success and a big thank you for nudging me to update this blog.

For the salad:

1 to 1.5 cups of cooked green moong beans ( French lentils, brown lentils or aduki beans will work )
1 medium english cucumber chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1 carrot grated

For the dressing

1/4 teaspoon sumac
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chilli oil
2 tsp orange vinegar( substitute with a mix of  equal parts orange juice and sherry vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste.

Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl. Add the dressing ingredients to the bowl and toss. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Even better the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe